Saturday, August 14, 2010

Fat Spoon Restaurant

Every time I drive down the street, I would anticipate Fat Spoon's opening because the place looked extraordinarily unfinished. One day, I decided to check the place out. I arrived just in time for buka puasa and I just loved how cosy the place is! The place has this retro futurama sort of look and I could not help but roam around the restaurant! 



There is also a cosy area for customers who just need a cuppa and chill out!
Notice this bar sort of area? Well, it's the cashier cum drink counter. Awesome much, right? Pay extra attention and you will see beautiful patchwork pasted on the beam of the ceiling!

What did I tell you? I literally checked the place out. Even the washroom looks adorable with posted comic strips on the wall and the unique pipe!


This huge blackboard that we would normally see in primary and secondary school walls is the menu and today's special board! They also have wifi for those eat-live-breathe internet sorts.
If Muslims are wondering if this place is halal or not, well, I am a Muslim and I have taken the effort to inquire on everyone's behalf. Apparently, the owners are a unit of an extended family! They are Chinese but some of them are Muslims and they had to prepare things halal. The meat served are from Muslim butchers from the TTDI market.
I got the menu right here if curious readers are wondering what else does Fat Spoon serve and how much would it cost. Mind you, the menu is glued onto pages of the Peter and Jane children book!

Since it is the month of Ramadhan, Fat Spoon offers complimentary kurma and sirap selasih or sirap bandung!
Village Chicken Rice - RM 8.90
Green Curry Chicken - RM 11.90
Ulan Fried Rice - RM 11.90
Watercress Noodle Soup - RM 8.90
Big Hot Chocolate - RM 8.90

Baby Hot Chocolate - RM 3.90
Ice-Blended Lychee & Mint - RM 8.90
I must say I was extremely happy when I left Fat Spoon that night. I now have my personal favourite dish and drink which are the Ulam Fried Rice and the Baby Hot Chocolate. Just brilliant!

If you are planning to go or you want to make reservations, here's some useful information!


FAT SPOON
73, Jln SS21/1A, 


Damansara Utama,
47400 Petaling Jaya.

Tel: 03 - 7728 3323

Email: fatspooncafe@gmail.com


Rating!

Taste
★★★★ ☆
Service
★★★★☆
Price
★★★☆☆
Cleanliness
★★★★☆
Overall
★★★★☆


Bon Appetit,
Chick #1

1 comment:

  1. hello!!

    i am happy to comment!! can't wait to go to fat spoon again! muah muah! ♥

    ReplyDelete